“The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) has announced a new Bluetooth core specification, CoreSpec 5.2, most notably with the promulgation of the next-generation Bluetooth audio, LE Audio. LE Audio not only supports stereo in connected state and broadcast state, but also enhances Bluetooth audio performance through a series of specification adjustments, including reducing latency and enhancing sound quality through LC3 codec.
On March 10, 2022, Dalian General Holdings, a leading semiconductor component distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, announced that its subsidiary Quanding has launched a low-power Bluetooth audio (LE Audio) solution based on Qualcomm’s QCC3056 chip.
Figure 1 – The Display board of Dalian Daquanding’s low-power Bluetooth audio (LE Audio) solution based on Qualcomm products
On January 6, 2020, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) announced the new Bluetooth core specification CoreSpec 5.2, the most notable of which is the promulgation of the next-generation Bluetooth audio LE Audio. LE Audio not only supports stereo in connected state and broadcast state, but also enhances Bluetooth audio performance through a series of specification adjustments, including reducing latency and enhancing sound quality through LC3 codec. After realizing the short-distance interconnection of all things through LE, with the help of LE Audio, Bluetooth will be completely reborn and take off in the era of the Internet of Things. The low-power Bluetooth audio (LE Audio) solution based on the Qualcomm QCC3056 chip by Dalian Daquan Ding integrates the functions required for the next generation of Bluetooth products, supports the Bluetooth 5.2 standard, and has the characteristics of low power consumption and low latency.
Figure 2 – Scenario application diagram of Dalian Daquanding’s low-power Bluetooth audio (LE Audio) solution based on Qualcomm products
Qualcomm’s QCC3056 is an ultra-low-power, single-chip solution optimized for true wireless headphones and hearables, enabling manufacturers to differentiate their designs at a range of levels. QCC3056 integrates 1x80MHz 32bit Programmable Apps CPU and 2x120MHz DSP programmable, supports Adaptive ANC, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, CVC, and also supports LE Audio standard, helping early OEMs to develop real-world audio sharing use cases Wireless earbuds.
Figure 3 – Block diagram of Dalian Daquanding’s low-power Bluetooth audio (LE Audio) solution based on Qualcomm products
LE Audio is the new cornerstone of future Bluetooth audio. With the gradual cancellation of the physical interface of mobile phones, Bluetooth headsets, speakers, and many audio scenarios will be a huge stage for LE Audio. Under this trend, this solution will shorten the development cycle for customers and speed up the time to market.
Core technical advantages:
• Bluetooth 5.2 version, more stable connection, lower latency and lower power consumption;
• Support for the upcoming LE Audio;
• Two-channel stereo output, suitable for TWS headphones and sports, headphone products;
• Support Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring, seamless switching technology;
• Qualcomm support®aptX and aptX HD Audio, and Adaptive aptX, aptX Voice;
• Integrate Qualcomm’s third-generation ANC noise reduction function, with better noise reduction effect, including modes: Hybrid, Feedforward, Feedback modes and Adaptive ANC modes;
• Greater transmit power can increase the Bluetooth distance, the maximum transmit power can reach 13dBm.
• Bluetooth v5.2 specification, support 2M, 3M rate, support LE Audio;
• Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring Stereo Earbuds;
• Digital assistants that support wake words and button activation, including Amazon Alexa voice service and Google Assistant;
• Support Google Fast Pair;
• Dual 120 MHz Kalimba™audio DSP;
• High-performance 24-bit audio interface;
• Digital and analog microphone interfaces;
• Flexible PIO controller and LED pins with PWM support;
• Serial Interface: UART, Bit Serializer (I²C/SPI), USB 2.0;
• Qualcomm support®Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) C Feedforward, Feedback and Hybrid C and Adaptive Active Noise Cancellation;
• aptX, aptX Adaptive and aptX HD audio;
• 1 or 2 microphones Qualcomm®cVc™Headphone voice processing;
• Qualcomm® aptX™ Voice for superior call quality on both uplink and downlink;
• Ultra Low Power Current: • Ultra Small Form Factor: 4.38 x 4.26 x 0.4mm.